Moreover's mission is to help companies and individuals make smarter, more informed business decisions by organizing the most relevant media coverage and social commentary from across the Web and from licensed information sources, delivered seamlessly and in near real-time.
A Short History
Since 1998, Moreover Technologies, Inc. has been a trusted aggregator of global news and, subsequently, social media. Through US and UK offices, the firm offers corporate customers worldwide direct access to comprehensive, yet targeted, real-time business and consumer information from the Web’s most read and respected sources.
The company track record documents a long innovation-oriented tradition, including involvement in co-writing the original RSS standard. Moreover Technologies incorporates infrastructure based on Weblogs.com, the Web’s original ping server. Weblogs.com, owned by Moreover Technologies, automatically notifies subscribers the moment news, social media and other information publishes.
Daily, Moreover Technologies offers unified portal access to 2.5 million news articles and social media posts from 3.0 million editorially vetted sources across 100+ countries, 75+ languages and 800+ searchable industry categories. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Moreover Technologies maintains offices in London, Chicago, Dayton, Fort Lauderdale, New York, and San Francisco.
The company's Newsdesk content discovery, refinement and sharing service took home two top honors in their initial CODiE Awards competition this past January. After winning the "Best Content Aggregation Solution" Award, Moreover then captured the first-ever "Best Information Solution" SuperCategory Award presented by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), principal trade group for the software and digital content industry.
- October 20, 2014—LexisNexis® announces the acquisition of Moreover Technologies. Combined resources will create a next-generation media monitoring/current awareness and enterprise distribution solution with unmatched content and analytics tools.
- May 2, 2013—NewsRight joins the Moreover Technologies family, and in conjunction with partner BurrellesLuce, the market now has single, consolidated go-to source for licensed content.
- March 23, 2012—NewsRight and Moreover Technologies announce a first-of-its-kind data and analytics licensing agreement.
- March 7, 2012—Thomson Reuters announces a new financial analytics service to rely on Moreover Technologies for data.
- February 23, 2012—Enterprise social network service Yammer announces Moreover Technologies as an integration partner.
- January 25, 2012—Moreover Technologies enhances media intelligence with millions of social media forums and message boards.
- October 27, 2011—Newsdesk wins its third major award this year, a Silver in the Best Evaluation Process category at the second annual Digital Impact Awards in London.
- September 14, 2011—Moreover Technologies inks a deal with TVEyes, Inc. to incorporate broadcast coverage into Moreover's award-winning Newsdesk solution.
- September 13, 2011—Moreover Technologies announces a licensing partnership with DataSift, which includes access to Twitter and other social media; and gains social influence scoring.
- August 16, 2011—Moreover Technologies rolls out three versions of its award-winning Newsdesk media monitoring and news sharing solution to serve all types and sizes of business.
- June 23, 2011—Newsdesk wins a Stevie® Award in the New Product or Service of the Year-Media & Entertainment-Up to 100 Employees category at the 9th Annual American Business AwardsSM (ABA) gala; prevails among 2,800 nominations in 40-plus categories.
- June 7, 2011— Media company veteran Dan Schaible joins Moreover Technologies as Senior Vice President-Publishing to head up new a publishing division.
- February 1, 2011—Announcement of Newsdesk winning dual CODiE Awards—recognizing excellence in the business, digital content and education technology industries—from the Software & Information Industry Association: First recipient of a new SuperCategory Award for "Best Information Solution" and winner in the "Best Content Aggregation Solution" category.
- October 19, 2010—Release of a new version of Newsdesk news and social media discovery, refinement and sharing service, which gives users unified portal access to millions of daily news articles and social media posts, refined rapidly using cutting-edge faceted search and filtering tools.
- June 8, 2010—Announcement that social media sources have increased 390% in the one year since acquisition of the company from VeriSign, Inc.
- May 5, 2009—An investor group led by Paul J. Farrell acquires the Real-Time Publisher Services business from VeriSign, Inc. The RTP business re-launches as Moreover Technologies, Inc. The business includes both content aggregation services offered by Moreover, and ping server services provided by Weblogs.com.
- October 17, 2005—VeriSign, Inc. acquires Moreover Technologies. The new content aggregation services will utilize VeriSign's ping server infrastructure to increase the reliability and intelligence of its content distribution network.
- October 6, 2005—VeriSign, Inc. acquires the Weblogs.com ping server network.
- 2000—Moreover Technologies becomes involved with developing RSS standards through the RSS-DEV Working Group. UserLand Software evolves Weblogs.com, the original Web ping service.
- 1998—Nick Denton, David Galbraith and Angus Bankes found Moreover Technologies as an original news aggregation company.